Want to become a member of Speakup Paris?
Membership Criteria – what do we look for in our members?
Fluent English, Regular attendance, Positive Attitude, Growth Mindset, Team Spirit, Willingness to help others.
Our Club Values
Club Experience – What does membership mean?
-Practise giving prepared and impromptu speeches
-Receive and practise giving feedback in a supportive and friendly environment
-Regularly take on different roles at club meetings
-Get access to a mentor – an experienced Toastmaster’s member
-Take on club leadership roles (as an officer in the club Executive Committee)
-Benefit from an interactive and immersive learning environment
If you feel that these criteria, values and benefits fit you, then here’s how to join!
- Visit us Three times and do a Table Topic (impromptu speech) for us to get to know you better.
- Speak to the Vice President of Membership about your goals and motivations for becoming a Toastmaster’s member.
- Await the Club officers “green light” on your candidacy based on the club’s requirements, values and current spaces available.
- Fill in the application forms and pay your membership fees (€125/year).
- Participate in an induction ceremony, take the membership oath (it’s fun and painless ;-)) and get assigned a mentor!
- Congratulations! Once a member, get access to Toastmaster’s International Online resources, Toastmaster’s magazine, contests and more. Your Journey begins!
Just to give you an idea, here a couple of videos. In the first, you will see how a club meeting is generally held (don’t worry, no board-room table for us)! In the second, you can watch the speech from the world champion of public speaking (Toastmasters International 2016)!